Disclaimer
PictoVista acknowledges that though we try to report accurately, we cannot verify the absolute facts of everything posted. Postings may contain fact, speculation or rumor. We find images from the Web that are believed to belong in the public domain. If any stories or images that appear on the site are in violation of copyright law, please post a comment under the post and we will remove the offending information as soon as possible.

Don't try this at home, particularly if - like performance artist Li Wei - you live in a tower block

These amazing photographs are not montages and do not involve any computer trickery
Li Wei, who lives in Beijing, creates the images using mirrors, carefully hidden thin wires...
..and his own acrobatic skills, honed from years of martial arts training
The pictures feature Wei suspended in a string of impossible situations at locations across Hong Kong and China

Others include images of him plunging through a car windscreen...
..embedded in ice...
...and floating mid-air with a bunch of friends perched on his back
"I am fascinated by the unstable and dangerous sides of art and I hope my works reflect these aspects," he says
"Sometimes I am in real danger - I have to hang myself high with steel wires and people do get a little worried for me - but I am fine"
We can't help wondering whether it might not be easier - and safer - to use Photoshop
See more Li Wei's art here


Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments

Anonymous on Feb 19, 2009, 6:31:00 PM  

wah... keren tuh gambar2 nya :)